Start your keto lifestyle journey with these delicious, Chipotle Lime Shrimp Kabobs.
Prep time: 45 minutes (includes marinating)
Cook time: 6 minutes
Best Way to Serve
This is best served hot right off the grill. I like them as an appetizer, on top of a fresh garden salad, or in shrimp tacos.
Optional Garnish: Fresh parsley or cilantro and lime slices.
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. fresh squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
1 T. lime zest
1 t. chipotle chili pepper
1/2 t. smoked paprika
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1 T. honey (preferably local)
salt and black pepper, to taste
1-1/4 lbs. extra-large peeled deveined shrimp
*Preparation Note: I prefer to use four 12-15” metal skewers for this recipe. If using wooden skewers be sure to soak for at least 30 minutes before adding shrimp to prevent burning.
1. Whisk marinade ingredients together in small jar with lid.
2. Pour one-half of marinade mixture into large non-reactive bowl and reserve the other half in the jar for serving.
3. Add shrimp to bowl and toss to coat. Marinate at least 15 minutes but not longer than 30 minutes.
4. Thread the shrimp onto skewers, 5-6 per skewer.
5. Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp until no longer translucent, 3-4 minutes per side. Watch carefully as shrimp cook very quickly and will become rubbery if overcooked.
6. Remove from grill onto a serving platter. Drizzle lightly with reserved marinade.
7. Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley sprigs and lime slices or as desired above.