Recipe: Loaded Avocado Baked EggsMay 17, 2022
This delicious breakfast dish looks as good as it tastes. As an added bonus, you won’t need to dirty any pots or pans to prepare it if you microwave the bacon rather than fry it.
There are a couple of “tricks” to perfecting this recipe, however. For starters, use large avocados and medium-sized eggs. Otherwise, the egg white may overflow the avocado. Cracking each egg into a small bowl before carefully pouring it into the avocado will also help prevent spills.
Tip: To keep your egg-filled avocados from tipping over while baking, position them over the holes of a muffin tin, rather than on a flat baking sheet, before placing them in the oven.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 - 25 minutes
2 large ripe avocados
4 medium eggs
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
½ c. Cheddar Jack Cheese, shredded
3 strips sugar-free bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
Optional garnish: chives or green onions (green parts only), sliced thin
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Use a spoon to carefully remove some of the avocado flesh around the pit to create more space for the egg. Reserve removed flesh for another use (or smash, season with salt and pepper to taste, and top each baked avocado half with a spoonful before serving).
3. Crack one egg into a small bowl and then carefully transfer the egg into one of the prepared avocado halves. Place the filled avocado onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat this process with the remaining avocado halves and eggs. Season each with salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. Place filled avocado halves in pre-heated oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked according to your preference.
5. Remove from oven and top each avocado half with shredded Cheddar Jack cheese and crispy bacon pieces. Garnish with chives or sliced green onions, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Total carbs: 7.9 g
Fiber: 5.9 g
Net carbs: 2 g
If you are wondering how I was able to find out the nutrition facts, check out VeryWell.com's Recipe Analyzer.
I'm here to make healthy living, simple, and that includes your vitamins, supplements and other non-toxic living supplies. Just a simple walk through your local health food store can be overwhelming, not to mention scrolling Amazon (which, by the way, is NOT where you should be buying your supplements!)
I'm cutting through the noise, and bringing you the products I've personally vetted from the companies I trust. They will be delivered to you directly from the manufacturer every time so they are the freshest made, they won’t have any binders, fillers, or anything else I don’t approve, and you can even use your FSA and HSA cards to purchase them.
I've even created my Keto Bundle for the basics needed when starting keto including urine strips, mineral support and one of my favorite products from Quicksilver Scientific, AMPK Charge, which allows you to tap into the benefits of intermittent fasting and carb restriction with or without fasting protocols. AMPK Charge+ helps activate the AMPK pathway, which is critical for supporting energy metabolism, fat breakdown, and healthy aging*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Want to be a part of our next round of the Keto Blueprint?
Join me in my four week group coaching program where I teach you my 3 step approach for Keto for Women. I've cracked the code and I'm sharing it with you, in simple, sustainable steps. You can jump on our waitlist here so you'll be the first to know when we open the doors!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.