Recipe: Chipotle Lime Shrimp KabobsMay 17, 2022
Start your keto lifestyle journey with these delicious, Chipotle Lime Shrimp Kabobs.
Prep time: 45 minutes (includes marinating)
Cook time: 6 minutes
Best Way to Serve
This is best served hot right off the grill. I like them as an appetizer, on top of a fresh garden salad, or in shrimp tacos.
Optional Garnish: Fresh parsley or cilantro and lime slices.
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. fresh squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
1 T. lime zest
1 t. chipotle chili pepper
1/2 t. smoked paprika
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1 T. honey (preferably local)
salt and black pepper, to taste
1-1/4 lbs. extra-large peeled deveined shrimp
*Preparation Note: I prefer to use four 12-15” metal skewers for this recipe. If using wooden skewers be sure to soak for at least 30 minutes before adding shrimp to prevent burning.
1. Whisk marinade ingredients together in small jar with lid.
2. Pour one-half of marinade mixture into large non-reactive bowl and reserve the other half in the jar for serving.
3. Add shrimp to bowl and toss to coat. Marinate at least 15 minutes but not longer than 30 minutes.
4. Thread the shrimp onto skewers, 5-6 per skewer.
5. Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp until no longer translucent, 3-4 minutes per side. Watch carefully as shrimp cook very quickly and will become rubbery if overcooked.
6. Remove from grill onto a serving platter. Drizzle lightly with reserved marinade.
7. Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley sprigs and lime slices or as desired above.
I'm here to make healthy living, simple, and that includes your vitamins, supplements and other non-toxic living supplies. Just a simple walk through your local health food store can be overwhelming, not to mention scrolling Amazon (which, by the way, is NOT where you should be buying your supplements!)
I'm cutting through the noise, and bringing you the products I've personally vetted from the companies I trust. They will be delivered to you directly from the manufacturer every time so they are the freshest made, they won’t have any binders, fillers, or anything else I don’t approve, and you can even use your FSA and HSA cards to purchase them.
I've even created my Keto Bundle for the basics needed when starting keto including urine strips, mineral support and one of my favorite products from Quicksilver Scientific, AMPK Charge, which allows you to tap into the benefits of intermittent fasting and carb restriction with or without fasting protocols. AMPK Charge+ helps activate the AMPK pathway, which is critical for supporting energy metabolism, fat breakdown, and healthy aging*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Want to be a part of our next round of the Keto Blueprint?
Join me in my four week group coaching program where I teach you my 3 step approach for Keto for Women. I've cracked the code and I'm sharing it with you, in simple, sustainable steps. You can jump on our waitlist here so you'll be the first to know when we open the doors!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.